A very interesting task for our class was creating “School rules for us”. The pupils were divided into two groups. The first one had a task to create “School rules for Teachers” and the other “School rules for Pupils” in order to develop speech, vocabulary, grammar and group work skills. Here are the results:
RULES FOR TEACHERS
1. Teachers should respect and love their pupils.
2. Teachers should prepare pupils for real life.
3. Teachers should try to understand pupils’ opinion.
4. Teachers should help pupils in any problem they have.
5. Teachers should know the subject they teach very well.
6. Teachers should have a sense of humour.
7. Teachers should explain new material clearly and in an interesting way.
8. Teachers shouldn’t teach pupils during the break.
9. Teachers should be good friends to their pupils.
10. Teachers should get on well with each pupil.
11. Teachers should communicate to their pupils in different ways and in modern language.
12. Teachers should use new technologies at the lessons.
13. Teachers should be kind, but strict.
14. Teachers should be optimistic.
15. Teachers shouldn’t ask their pupils questions, if they don’t know.
RULES FOR PUPILS
1. Pupils should love their school and respect each person in it.
2. Pupils must behave at all times with consideration and common sense.
3. Rules at school should be democratic: sometimes strict and sometimes more relaxed.
4. Students should help the school staff to keep school nice and tidy.
5. Students must not drop litter in school and around it.
6. Pupils should throw all rubbish into a wastepaper bin.
7. Pupils should respect their teachers.
8. Pupils mustn’t fight at school.
9. Pupils mustn’t lean out of the windows, hang or throw anything from the windows.
10. Classes should start at 9 o’clock in the morning.
11. Pupils mustn’t be late for school.
12. Pupils should listen attentively to the teacher.
13. Pupils should work hard at the lesson.
14. Homework must be done on time.
15. Pupils shouldn’t draw or write on the desks.
16. Pupils shouldn’t use phones and send messages at the lessons.
17. Students can sometimes make jokes on the topic, if the jokes are kind and clever.
18. Pupils should sit at their desks at the lesson. When they are tired they can move, play or do exercises together with their teacher.
19. Pupils should help their teachers to make classes interesting and exciting.
We have created our school rules!
Wednesday, June 24, 2015
Summertime for teachers is sacred. It can be very frustrating when someone who is not a teacher, gives me a hard time about having the summer off. After all, teachers have an extremely tough job, that while VERY rewarding, can also be physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausting. Besides, don't most of us actually work during our summer anyway. I know I do. In fact, summertime is a great time to renew, reflect, and REVAMP.
Every summer, for the last 10 years, I have used my time to rethink and revamp some of the practices and tools that I use in my classroom. And this summer is no different. I love creating my own resources for my classroom, and I am constantly reimagining and redesigning them.
This summer I plan to REVAMP several of the printables and tools that I use in my classroom, and to SHARE them as freebies for anyone else who might need something new!!
My first "revamp" of the summer is my Weekly Reading Homework. My reading homework is very simple. My students need to read for at least 30 minutes each night and write a response for that night's reading. Their responses are based on the different comprehension strategies that we cover in class. Here is the printable I created for the upcoming school year.
This printable is meant to be copied back-to-back, that way reading homework only involves one piece of paper per week. I also revamped the reference sheet that students keep in their homework folders or reading portfolios. It provides students
I am very excited to use this new and improved homework sheet in my class this year. Please check back soon for more newly "revamped" resources and tools.
NAME & SENTENCE
Best for printing practice with a student's name or small sentence. Type words in the first line and all lines below appear automatically. You have the option to make words in remaining rows as traceable dots or just the starting pencil point dot. Click the graphic above to begin.
Best for printing practice with one word - or one or more letters. Type a single letter or word and it appears again automatically to the right for however many times you choose. Click the graphic above to begin.
Best for printing practice of several different words. Type words in the box and watch each word appear in its own row. Click the graphic above to begin.
Best for practicing basic handwriting after students have learned all letters. Just type in sentences as you would in a word processor and watch the paragraph worksheet appear before your eyes. Click the graphic above to begin.
More free worksheets & materials in reading, phonics, vocabulary and sentence writing from your friends at - ReadingKEY.com
10 Sep 2011, 06:17
toefl. Many teachers assign homework to students everyday. Do you think that daily homework is necessay for students?
People say that practice makes a man perfect and, though a heckneyed phrase, I am in complete accord with it. Homework is necessary to understand the complexities of subjects. It helps the learning of students who otherwise tend to put off studies. By homework students complety understand what they studied for a longer period of time.
In an efficient teaching, a teacher explains about the topic and elucidate it by pertinent examples. Students note down and remember the gists of the topic. Although most teachers are smoothly proficient at their subjects, but this is not sufficent. Education, these days, is complex that requires a lot of effort on part of a student. In order to edify themselves about the topic, students also need to do home work. Since by homework they solve the examples or problems by their own so this practice ensures their grip on the given topic or subject.
When students get home after school, some of them play or watch TV, and don't study at all. Consequently they forget about what they have learned at school. The one way to make them study at home, is homework. They know if the didn't get their homework done, they would be punished. Moreover, such students when get home, with their maked diaries, they also suffer the rebuke of their parents. Hence this panelty makes them to study and get good grades.
Some students think that they are intelligent enough to learn lessons at class. This is just a hypothetical idea. Owing to consecutive classes, a student's mind can store only some of the informations and tend to forget it if not recalls it. If I talk about myself, when I was at school I tended to remember 60% of the lecture at the end of the school time. I was only able to understand complete lecture after doing my home work, that is a best way of revision. Hence I averred that homework is not an option to choice, it is a mandatory part of learning.
Teachers should assign daily homework beacause it is important for efficient leaaring that enables students to get good grades than those who don't revise their lesson by homework.
Explore thousands of classroom-tested resources for the ambassador thesis pieces 5th grade created by educators like you Math explained in easy language, plus puzzles, games, quizzes, fifth grade homework printables worksheets and a forum. Grade Level Skills Help at Internet thesis words 4 Classrooms internet resources for teachers & students, children & parents, Educational links, students prepare for assessments. The Big Distractions Fifth graders are flip-floppers. Print worksheets for fifth grade homework printables preschool-sixth grade students by grade or subject area-math, English, handwriting, history, and more plus coloring pages and puzzles Second grade worksheets get your english essay about terrorism seven- or eight-year-old to build academic and behavioral skills that help him succeed in school. The second page is a list of five …. university of miami electronic dissertation Fifth grade comprehension worksheets get kids reading and understanding. They think of themselves as mature and independent but can revert to immature. The first page is a relevant reading comprehension passage about a topic of interest. These printables are two-page ./pdfs. god or a throne in hell? How Kids Learn in Fifth Grade. Try Christianity and war and other essay against the warfare state second grade worksheets Get expert advice best application essays harvard on reading, homework help, learning activities, and more Information about what elementary school students, that is third, fourth, and fifth graders, Against genetic engineering essays will Essay on nature cure learn in school, and school uniform benefits essay what kinds of social and behavioral changes. Kids think about and analyze what they've read in fifth grade comprehension worksheets Weekly Word Problems Last week's fifth grade math word problems This week's fifth grade math word problems Next week's fifth grade math word problems. Enter your e-mail address to receive the FREE edHelper.com newsletter. fifth grade homework printables.